Our club is run by volunteers. Volunteers help us do everything from coach and manage our teams, assist in the canteen, set up the fields, and help out on committees. With volunteers our club can not function.
Canteen Co-ordinator The club is currently seeking a canteen co-ordinator (or joint co-ordinators) for 2021. If you can help, please contact David (email@example.com).
The role of the Canteen co-ordinator is to
- ensuring that food is ordered, delivered and available on Game days.
- open up the Canteen on game days
- set up the Canteen roster for the season
- liaise with team managers regarding their teams volunteer days.
Each team will need a coach and manager. These positions are normally filled from parents on the children in the team.
We also ask all parents to volunteer for canteen duty once in the season, and to assist in setting up the grounds once each season. More information on these roles can be found below.
The Coach. You don’t need to be a professional footballer to be a coach. If you are know the basics of Soccer (passing and shooting) you can coach of our Junior teams. For our younger teams the major role of coach is to help the children have fun and learn some of the basics of Soccer. Coaching is about fun and development, not winning.
- is responsible for training the team in a manner that reflects that values of our club
- assists in the development of individual and teamwork skills in all players
- selects the team and select positions (for older teams). For younger teams, all players should have equal time on the field, and in all positions throughout the season.
- Training for new coaches is provided through SCCSA if desired. There are also resources that will help you coach. You will not be alone.
Managers. If you can organise a childrens birthday party you can manage a Soccer team. Yoiur role is to
- be the main communication channel between team members.
- passing on information from the club to to their team.
- assist the coach by monitoring playtime to ensure that all team members have equal time on the field
- organise the roster for half-time oranges and shirt washing
- ensure that parents of our juniors and adult team members are aware of the dates for their canteen and ground set up volunteer roster days
Out teams typically use Facebook messenger or the apps such as Heja or Team App for communication.
Other volunteer roles
Canteen Volunteers. Each parent or member of an adult team will be asked to volunteer their time the Canteen for one or two days during the season. Each shift is only three hours. Volunteers will be asked to serve customers, cook the bbq and make sausage sandwiches and hamburgers. Canteen volunteering is organised on a team basis and is a great way to get know the parents of other members of your child’s team.
Ground set up. Each parent will also be asked to assist in setting up grounds one game of each season. This involves arriving early at the grounds for one day each season. You will put out the flags on the corners of the ground, erect gazebos and place seating for the team reserves and coaches.
Committee. The Club is run by a committee that includes president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, registrar, canteen co-ordinator, sponsorship co-ordinator, marketing officer, representatives of the adults team and other ex-officio members.
The committee is always looking for some assistance. If you are able to help please contact the president or secretary