Volunteers help us do everything from coach and manage our teams, assist in the canteen, set up the fields, and help out on committees. With volunteers our club can not function.
Each team will need a coach and manager. We also ask all parents to volunteer for canteen duty once in the season, and to assist in setting up the grounds once each season. More information on these roles can be found below.
- is responsible for training the team in a manner that reflects that values of our club
- assists in the development of individual and teamwork skills in all players
- selects the team and select positions (for older teams)
- with the assistance of the manager the coach ensures all players receive equal playing time
- For our younger teams the major role of coach is to help the children have fun and learn some of the basics of Soccer
- Coaching is about fun and development, not winning
- Training for new coaches can be provided if needed. There are also resources that will help you coach. You will not be alone.
- are responsible for communications between team members, and passing on information from the club to to their team. Communications between team members typically uses Facebook messenger or the apps such as Heja or Team App.
- assist the coach by monitoring playtime to ensure that all team members have equal time on the field
- organise the roster for half-time oranges and shirt washing
- ensure that parents of our juniors and adult team members are aware of the dates for their canteen and ground set up volunteer roster days
- is responsible for ensuring that food is ordered delivered and available on Game days.
- liaises with team managers regarding their teams volunteer days.
Each parent or member of an adult team will be asked to volunteer their time the Canteen for one day during the season. Volunteers will be asked to serve customers, cook the bbq and make sausage sandwiches and hamburgers. Canteen volunteering is organised on a team basis and is a great way to get know the parents of other members of your child’s team.
Ground set up
Each parent will also be asked to assist in setting up grounds one game of each season. This involves arriving early at the grounds for one day each season. You will put out the flags on the corners of the ground, erect gazebos and place seating for the team reserves and coaches.
The Club is run by a committee that includes president, vice-president, secretary, treasurer, registrar, canteen co-ordinator, sponsorship co-ordinator, marketing officer, representatives of the adults team and other ex-officio members.
If you feel that you have skills to help our club in any capacity the committee would be grateful for any assistance.